Christmas is almost here and for all you slackers, that means just a few more days left to shop for your favorite horror fiends (or to use those gift cards you’ve received to get what you REALLY want)! So we’ve compiled a handy list of gifts that will warm every horror fan’s heart this holiday season.
Check out our picks below!
1. The Art of Hammer – A beautiful, full-cover coffee table book featuring the amazing poster art of Hammer Films. The Art of Hammer
collects the very best and most iconic movie posters produced for the
Hammer studio. This lavish hardcover brings together rare artwork from
around the world. Featuring Hammer’s greatest films, including The Curse of Frankenstein, the Dracula series, and many more.
2. Lenore: Cooties -
Titan Books recently re-released this collection of Roman Dirge’s “cute
little dead girl” comics, and it is just gorgeous! This glossy book is
perfect for your gothikly inclined friend.
3. Iron Fist’s Zombie Stomper Platform – Iron Fist Clothing makes some amazingly cool stuff, but these kicks are among my fave! Perfect for your zombie-lovin’ gal!
4. The Psycho Legacy – A kick-ass documentary on the Psycho films, I personally think every
horror fan should own a copy! Interweaving ultra-rare and
never-before-seen interview footage of Anthony Perkins and dozens of
interviews including Robert Loggia, Olivia Hussey, Henry Thomas, Diana
Scarwid, Tom Holland, Hilton Green, Mick Garris and many more, The
Psycho Legacy is the first documentary to unite and explore decades of
Psycho movies in one place, revealing surprises and insights into what
is considered the grandfather of modern horror.
5. Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy Collector’s Edition – Speaking of documentaries, this is one of the year’s best! This
special two DVD Collector’s Edition comes with a total of eight hours of
entertainment, including enhanced extended interviews, 4-hour filmmaker
commentary and a limited edition poster featuring original artwork by
Matthew Joseph Peak. A must for any Freddy fan!
6. Splatterhouse (PS3 or XBox) – This game is pure, gory fun! Metal heads, horror freaks and hardcore
action gamers, unite! Rick Taylor and the Terror Mask are back, tearing,
cutting and beating their way through inhuman abominations and hordes
of the undead in a tale of love, mutilation and near-insanity. A wall of
metal tunes underscores blood-soaked battles with massive bosses,
brutal weapons, over-the-top gore and real-time regeneration. And while
your ears are ringing, a new Splatterkill System lets you get your hands
7. Zombie Pin Up Calendar 2011 or Monster Movies: 2011 Wall Calendar – Whether your horror fan is into hot chicks bloodied up like zombies
or the more classic Universal movie monsters, you can’t go wrong with
either of these calendars.
8. Mini Cassette Tees Horror Tees – We love Mini Cassette Tees!
Not only are their t-shirts high quality, but their designs are totally
unique and you won’t see them anywhere else. Their may be imitators,
but these are the true originals!
9. Bloodbath Morbid Moisture Body Lotion
– Bloodbath on Etsy has a ton of cool horror inspired bath and beauty
products like “Lip Embalm”, “Zombie Foot Scrubby Soap”, “Dexter Slide
Soap” and “Corpse Cleaner” body wash, but my fave is their “Morbid
Moisture Body Lotion”. Their intoxicating scents include Cleopatra’s
Curse, Creepy Colada, Death by Chocolate, Petrifying Pomegranate,
Screamsicle, Vanilla Vamp and Zombie Zen!
10. Hollywood is Dead
Poster Art – Artist Matt Busch has taken the world by storm this year
with his “Hollywood is Dead” poster art. Check out his zombified
versions of Breakfast at Tiffany’s, E.T., Jaws and more and give your fave horror fan some sick new poster art!